Instructor: Teal Belz

A bit about me: I was born and raised in the Golden Heart City of Fairbanks, Alaska. I am a UAF Alum, as is my entire family! I am a passionate movement-arts educator, and I teach students of all ages and abilities. I strive to inspire my community to grow art as a physical, in-motion form through Yoga, Dance, Acrobatics, and Aerial. I hold certifications in AIR Aerial Yoga, Buti Yoga, Acrobatic Arts, and a 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training through Joga Yoga. I love a good adventure, whether floating rivers in Alaska or traveling the globe for good food. I am all about fun!

You can email with any questions about the course at summer@alaska.edu.

Aerial Silks Level 1

Grades: 6-8

Dates: Oct. 27 - Dec. 1 (no class on 11/24)

Meeting Times: Thursdays 11 AM - 12 PM (with an option to perform their skills at a First Friday event on December 2nd.)

Cost: $195

Description: Aerial Silks are two pieces of fabric suspended from the sky. We call these “Split Tails” or “Silks!” This is our most popular and well-known apparatus. These silks allow us to combine floor acrobatics with aerial acrobatics. This one-hour course focuses on foundational moves like climbing techniques, monkey hangs, hip keys, and foot locks. Students work towards the completion of the Level 1 Aerial Silks Assessment. Hair must be worn up and out of your face.

This class will meet at Golden Heart Performing Arts, 2815 Horner Ct.